This IPA Pack is based on two authentic resources: an article and a six-minute episode from Voyages-sncf. com about the variety of activities that can be done while in Montreal, Canada in 100% French.
The pack includes step-by-step instructions, and reading and listening comprehension activities that follow the ACTFL model. Complete with an explanation of an IPA and how to use it, and nine Interpretive Tasks that break down the content, increase recognition of key words and phrases, develop context awareness, and promote language usage. In addition, it provides creative options for writing and/or speaking Interpersonal and Presentational Tasks, answer keys, and novice-level rubrics.
French: Novice/High Level
Global Theme: Contemporary Life, La vie contemporaine
Topics: Leisure Activities, Les loisirs et les sports
- How is contemporary life influenced by what the culture has to offer in terms of leisure activities?
- What are the challenges of contemporary life? How can we overcome those challenges?
- Where does pride for a culture and its activities come from?
- How can leisure activities also be used to educate the people who participate in them?
Suggested Grammar “Pop-up” Lessons:
- present participles
- future tense
- near future
- infinitive after prepositions
Instant download delivery only. 23-page PDF (IPA), article, and six-minute MP4 video file. ©2016. French. Novice/High Level.
Download your free Interpretive Task sample and Teacher Notes preview located in "Additional Info."
1B4939DL Leisure Activities Novice_High FR IPA Teacher Notes Preview